Friday, May 19, 2017

Ebb and Flow - A Mama's Heart

Read my daughter Kara's essay published at Coffee+Crumbs 
- a collaborative blog about motherhood.



I reflect on our distant summer travels, sitting on the beach, gritty and warm. The air is dense with the smell of salt as the indigo waves create a rhythmical pattern. Growth. Decline. Regrowth. Squabbling seagulls dart on the blanket-littered sand as I welcome myself to listen. The ocean's pulsing heart is speaking to me as the water swells and crashes onto shore. Maybe this is how life is. 


Kara is a Chicago suburbanite trying to savor every moment with her husband, highly spirited toddler and Craigslist dog. By day she works in healthcare marketing and by night she loves cooking, and on occasion writing at ThePassionateParsley.com. You can also follow her day-to-day adventures on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment